Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Black Friday, Freebies, and Mint.com

I'd like to update everyone that I am just under the half way point with about $440 in freebies. You can check out what I've received so far Here Currently I'm crunching for 3 exams this week so I have not be able to put together the online album for the blog yet.

However, I will get that up during thanksgiving break and post my picks for top black Friday deals. Currently you can check out almost of the ad scans that are out at www.bfads.net - sign up and you can go through each ad and create a shopping list for black friday. I've used this site for years to plan out what stores to go to. Next week I will also post about walmart's price matching policy and how that can be used to your advantage on black friday.

I'd also like to thank Susan Johnston and mint.com for recently featuring this blog in an article about college budgeting. You can read the article here

As always here are some of my favorite freebies that are still available:

The pilot coupon for a free 16oz drink is still available here
Pilot also added a coupon for a free copy of their magazine

This Friday burger king will again be giving out free coffee. The deal is as follows: "Free Coffee every Friday in November only at Burger King. No purchase necessary. One free 12 oz hot Seattle’s Best Coffee per customer per visit during breakfast hour only. Offer good on 11/5,11/12, 11/19, 11/29 at participating restaurants. While supplies last. Not valid on flavored shots or whipped topping."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate. This blog is amazing. How can I make it look this good ?.

Jonathan Cunningham said...

The layout is a template that I have tweaked the color scheme to, I also have edited the banner to fit my blog name. If you go to the bottom of the page it has a link to the template and once you are signed in to your blog there should be a design tab that allows you to customize the look and feel of your blog. To enter html code as pages use the insert page/gadget - html option.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for good stuff

Anonymous said...

it was very interesting to read. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can? And you et an account on Twitter?

Jonathan Cunningham said...

You can quote me on anything from the article or one of these blogs. My twitter is http://twitter.com/#!/mr_negley